With a hedge fund, that many wealthy institutions and individuals make use of, investors are exempt from many of the rules that govern other mutual funds, allowing the ones involved in them to achieve aggressive investing goals. Throughout this article we will discuss about the seed capital that comes with these types of funds to have a better understanding of how can one get involved as a beginner in this type of investing.
Seed capital means in this context the money that this fund needs to raise with the purpose of appearing respectable enough in front of those investors who are initially landing on this ‘ground’. It is therefore raised within its first year of operating in the attempt to gather enough assets to become appealing for the initial investors.
These days, it seems that hundreds of groups looking to invest are interested into getting this hedge fund seed capital. Unfortunately, merely a quarter of them (or even less) will be able to obtain an important amount of this capital. You will find as such capitals that are seeded with small amounts ($500) while others can get up to $350M.
Let’s see which these sources are for raising this capital:
* One source comes from High Net Worth individuals. These ones are accredited investors who have more experience than the one revealed by portfolio management, who are familiar with trading skills. They can be as well the ones to understand the advantages presented by you on a competitive market.
* The other source for the seed capital comes from all the friends and family members who are accredited investors.
* The next source is provided by private equity funds, many of them jumping into the capital seeding and working on raising assets for the fund. This is moreover possible so long as both your fund and these firms will have the benefits.
* Hedge funds can be as well the source for seed capital. One should know that some of the hedge funds have free cash flow that needs to be reinvested in strategies that are used with creating self-sufficient products.
* Associated banks or investment networks are another source of seed capital through their products that are launched with considerable levels of capital.
As an investor interested in hedge funds investments you will have to watch the news that reveals several trends in this field. You will find out as such that several of private equity firms attempt to place seed capital with the intention of emerging hedge fund managers. Many of these managers have turned into millionaires after they have agreed upon the outside seed capital or an equity investment. Another trend is described by the fact that this seed capital comes from investment banks or long established hedge funds.